In a recent editorial published in the Annals of Internal Medicine, a group of physicians who reviewed three studies published by other researchers concluded that the types of vitamin and mineral supplements sold by Melaleuca’s competitors are of no benefit to your health whatsoever. Worse than that, they may do more harm than good!
Why did Melateuca bring this report to our attention? Because Melaleuca scientists announced this same finding nearly 5 years ago. Turns out, inorganic forms of minerals like sulfates, gluconates and fumarates (used by almost all supplement manufactures), are difficult – if not impossible – for the human body to absorb. And this causes big problems in the small intestine. Take a few minutes to read the entire article here , page 6.
This article titled Nutritional Supplements and Nutritional Balancing gives 17 sound reasons why we need to take vitamin and mineral supplements that work. It’s a lengthy article, but loaded with valuable insights, including:
- Why take nutritional supplements?
- Are they safe or at least low toxicity?
- Are they better than drugs, in general?
- Can they substitute for medical drugs and other medical treatments?
- Can a person die from taking them?
- Why does nutritional balancing not recommend most of them?
- Why are they are needed in very precise dosages?
- Why do we give them in doses, at times, that may exceed the recommended daily allowances or RDA for the nutrient?
- Why do we use a hair analysis to recommend them?
- Must all supplements be food-based and all-natural to work best?
- Are there supplements that are best avoided?
- Can a person just read about supplements and take the right ones?
- What about the use of herbs, homeopathic remedies and other specialty products?
- What about new supplement regulations, and do we need them?
Melaleuca’s nutritional supplements are a very important part of our health program, and if you read this article you’ll see why. I’d love to talk to you about this. 480-341-7850.
Best wishes for your good health …to you and your family,